Attorney Ryan A. O’Neill is a member of the State Bars of Connecticut and New York. Since joining the firm in 2008, Ryan has worked on cases in all areas of the Firm’s legal practice, including criminal defense, civil litigation, employment law and appeals.
Since joining the firm, Ryan has taken the lead on some of the firm’s most complex and sensitive cases. In that time, Ryan has regularly appeared before Connecticut, New York, and Federal trial courts and administrative agencies. There, he has successfully argued critical legal motions, and attained favorable results for the Firm’s clients at hearings and trials. Ryan has also argued before the appellate courts of both Connecticut and New York.
Some of Ryan’s standout work includes:
- In 2010, Ryan flew to Kosovo for the Firm, as part of the legal team which successfully vindicated Kosovo’s Minister of Transportation in the face of corruption allegations (Stamford Lawyers Fly to Kosovo).
- In 2011, Ryan obtained summary judgment on behalf of several corporate defendants in a multi-million dollar employment dispute, winning the dismissal of thirteen of the plaintiff’s claims. In 2012, the judgment was upheld by New York’s Appellate Division, after Ryan successfully argued the matter on appeal (Bizjak v. Gramercy Capital Corp. et. al, 95 A.D.3d 469, 944 N.Y.S.2d 57 (N.Y.A.D. 1st Dept. 2012).
- In 2012, Ryan led the Firm’s efforts at trial and on post-trial matters in winning a $200,000 verdict on behalf of an employee in a breach of contract action / severance dispute against his former employer (Lowe v. Brescome Barton, Inc., FST-CV11-6010884-S).
- In 2013, Ryan delivered the closing argument during a pre-judgment remedy hearing where the Stamford Superior Court awarded a $450,000 prejudgment remedy attachment in connection with our client’s application which alleged over a decade of domestic violence and spousal abuse. (Panchenkova v. Chigirisnky, UWY-CV12-6020818-S).
After graduating from James Madison University in Virginia in 2004, Ryan earned his law degree with honors in 2008 at the Quinnipiac University School of Law. While at Quinnipiac, Ryan served as the President of the Mock Trial Honor Society. There, Ryan was part of the New England regional championship team at the 2008 National Trial Competition, and was awarded best individual advocate. Upon graduating law school, Ryan earned a number of academic awards, including the CLEA Outstanding Student Award given to the student at each law school who excels most in clinical legal work.
Ryan is currently continuing his legal education, while working full time, at Temple University School of Law, where he is earning an LL.M. Degree (Masters of Law) in Trial Advocacy. Ryan also continues to dedicate significant time to Quinnipiac University School of Law’s mock trial program, serving as competition coach to award-winning teams since 2010.
Ryan is bilingual in Spanish, and leads the Firm’s representation on matters involving Spanish-speaking clients.
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
State of Connecticut
Member Since: 2008
State of New York
Member Since: 2009
United States Second Circuit Court of Appeals
United States District Court, District of Connecticut
United States District Court, District of Connecticut Bankruptcy Court
The Fairfield County Bar Association
- Selected as 2013 "Leader in the Law" - Trial Advocacy, Connecticut Law Tribune, 2013
- Connecticut Rising Star - Super Lawyers Magazine, 2012
- Top Attorneys in Connecticut – Connecticut Magazine, 2012