Since 1998, Mark D. Sherman has been a member in good standing of the State Bars of Connecticut, New York and Florida.
His practice focuses on criminal and civil litigation, serving clients in the Connecticut and New York metropolitan areas. Mark has successfully handled scores of serious and sensitive criminal and employment matters, some of which have received high profile media attention.
- In 2010, Mark made history by procuring the largest whistle-blowing bounty award in SEC history on behalf of his client for her participation in an SEC insider trading investigation.
- In 2008, Mark received national attention for his representation of Leonard Trujillo, Jr., who faced capital murder charges for his role in the death of Greenwich businessman Andrew Kissel. The capital murder charges were ultimately dropped, and Mr. Trujillo pled to reduced charges.
Mark prides himself on the time and attention he gives to all of his clients—whether high or low profile—and recognizes that while the legal profession is primarily technical and academic, it is also a service business. To that end, he works to ensure that all of his clients receive the highest degree of service, time and attention, seven days a week.
Mark has also appeared as a guest commentator on Court TV, Fox News and ESPN. He also routinely lectures to schools and parents’ groups on cyber-safety and the dangers and perils for kids growing up in today’s techno-centric society.
Mark graduated from the University of Pennsylvania in 1995 and subsequently earned his law degree at the Fordham University School of Law in 1998, where he served as President of the Student Bar Association. After law school, Mark joined the litigation department of the New York law firm of Pryor, Cashman, Sherman & Flynn, practicing in their litigation group and later left to start his own practice.
Mark regularly lectures to public and private schools in Fairfield County on cybersafety, anti-bullying initiatives, and alcohol and substance abuse prevention. For information on having Mark present to your group or school, please call Christine Bartlett at the number below.
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
State of Connecticut
Member Since: 1998
State of New York
Member Since: 1999
State of Florida
Member Since: 1999
United States Second Circuit Court of Appeals
United States District Court, District of Connecticut
United States District Court, Southern District of New York
United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
The Fairfield County Bar Association
The Connecticut Bar Association
The Florida Bar Association
The New York State Bar Association
The Civil Rights Committee of the Anti-Defamation League
The National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
Anti-Defamation League—Civil Rights Committee Member
- Connecticut Super Lawyer in Criminal Defense - Super Lawyers Magazine, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Top Attorneys in Connecticut – Connecticut Magazine, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Fairfield County Business Journal – Top 40 Business Professionals Under 40, 2010
- A “Super Lawyer” in Criminal Defense by New England Super Lawyers and Connecticut Super Lawyers for 2011 and 2012.
- Listed as one of the “Top Attorneys in Connecticut” – Connecticut Magazine 2011
- Fairfield County Business Association’s Top 40 under 40 Business Professionals